Saturday, November 28, 2009
These are the UK equivalent of Cinnabons [without the frosting]
2 lbs of white bread dough
one cup of raisins plumped in boiling water with a squirt of lemon juice [drain once cooled]
half a cup of light brown sugar
one egg beaten to a froth
one teaspoon of ground nutmeg and one of cinnamon
1. Spread out the dough onto a floured surface and form into a large rectangle - about 18 inches by 12 inches
2. Spread with the beaten egg using a brush
3. Sprinkle the remaining ingredients over the surface
4. Roll up into a sausage shape
5. Cut sausage in half
6. Cut each piece in half again and then cut each quarter into fourths
7. Place each roll in a well greased baking tin
8. Cover with a damp cloth or greased paper and leave to rise for an hour or until doubled in size.
9. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 375 degrees for twenty minutes.
Eat whilst still warm with lots of salted butter.
Score = 5 as long as you skip the butter.